My goodness a month rolls around quickly! In case you hadn't noticed today is the first Thursday of the month, and that means it's Tackling Bittman time again. If you've been following this blog for a while then you know that I am a big fan of Mark Bittman's, and you will probably have stumbled across several of the dishes I posted while I Heart Cooking Clubs was cooking with Bittman. In order to keep that passion alive I've joined in with my friend Alex at A Moderate Life (founder), Christy at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy, Dr Laura at Who is Laura?, Chaya at My Sweet and Savoury and Pam at Sidewalk Shoes to co-host the monthly Tackling Bittman Recipe Hop. We're "hopping" the first Thursday of every month, and posting up a linky for you to join in, which will be open for one week.
So, go drag your copy of How to Cook Everything down off the shelves, and get cooking. You may of course use any other Mark Bittman book that you can lay your hands on, or even the How to Cook Everything iPhone Application, which I highly recommend. Other places to source Mark Bittman recipes are here on the How to Cook Everything website and here on the Mark Bittman website. Post your dish, and then join in the "hop" by linking your post here (or at any one of the other hosts - your link will automatically show up on all six host sites), following the instructions below. You could of course link up one of your previous posts - it may be an old post to you, but it could well be new to our audience. I do hope you'll join us.
Now for the necessary part - the rules. They are pretty simple, especially if you are familiar with hops.
Rules for linking:
Please use your best blog hop etiquette when linking. The rules are in place to help everyone have the best blog hop experience possible.
If you are new to a blog carnival, or blog hop, it is very easy to learn how to join in the fun! Simply go to the current blog post for the hop and scroll down to the bottom where you will see a small box that will say, "You're next" or "Your link here". When you click on that link, you will be asked to enter the URL of your recipe or article.
- Please link to your article only and not directly to your blog front page. The linky may ask you to upload a photograph from your computer, then you click next and leave a comment on the blog host's post.
- We also ask that you place a link back to the blog host at the bottom of your post - this means adding in the URL of the blog hop post, which you can copy from your browser address bar. You could also choose to place a blog badge into your post, which is explained below. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
- At least one host will visit each link before the next linky period opens, because this is personal for us … we want you to know that we appreciate that you’ve taken the time to create a post, add a link back to the hop, and add your link! We’ll be sure to acknowledge this with a comment and a tweet on Twitter (using hashtag #bittyhop).
- One link per blog monthly on the Tackling Bittman Recipe Hop, please.
- Must include a link back to one/any of the host sites (through worded link or badge) in your actual post, not just on your sidebar … although we love having links on your page as well (this benefits all of us). You will be sent a gentle reminder if no link is added to your post, we understand that sometimes people forget … but if it becomes a regular occurrence, (even though we don’t like to do it) your post may be removed. It’s just not fair to those who do take the time and show the grace to link back.
- Linky will stay open from 5:00 AM the first Thursday of Every Month, to 11:59 pm the following Thursday (EST).
If you would like to use a badge, please copy the code in the box beneath the badge below and paste that into your post, and also into your sidebar if you wish:
Lets's get cooking and thanks for joining in!
Sue, Alex, Christy, DrLaura, Chaya and Pam
I also realised that I have been completely remiss in letting you know who won the How to Cook Everything iPhone application that I was giving away last month. The winner was the lovely Vanille at AtDownUnder - Vanille is beyond talented and has, hands-down, easily one of the most beautiful blogs in the blogosphere. Do go and visit her - you won't be disappointed.
January rolled by quickly indeed. :)ReplyDelete
So quickly that I forgot to try a new Bittman recipe because I thought I had one more week to spare. I'll take a break from joining you this month, but I will be back in March.
I can't promise anything but I'll try to join the fun !ReplyDelete
And thank you for the praise, I'm blushing...
This is my first time to work with the Linky tool. Somehow my link is on two times. Perhaps because I don’t know how to do it or maybe because I’m blonde. Whatever the reason, would one of you please delete my second entry. Thanks so much and sorry for the problem.ReplyDelete
Hi Andreas - no problem - thanks for stopping by and look forward to seeing you next month.ReplyDelete
Vanille - would be wonderful to have you join in some time when you can manage it. Any praise is more than justified - you are an inspiration :-)
Hi Sam - thanks so much for joining in - your squid dish looks amazing. I could eat a very, very big plate of that. Don't worry about the linky mix-up, we'll sort it out.
I managed to sneak a Bittman recipe in this month--adapting his sweet potato muffins into these Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Muffins. ;-)
Thanks for hosting. ;-)
Hi Deb - thanks so much for joining in. Love these muffins and all the healthy changes you made. I definitely want to try these.ReplyDelete