If you've been following this blog for a while then you know that I am a big fan of Mark Bittman's, and you will probably have stumbled across several of the dishes I posted while I Heart Cooking Clubs was cooking with Bittman. You may also recall this post last month, in which I told you about the Tackling Bittman blog hop started up by my friend Alex at A Moderate Life. I'm very excited to now be able to tell you that I am now joining in with Alex, as well as Christy at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy, Dr Laura at Who is Laura?, and Chaya at My Sweet and Savoury to co-host this event.
So drag your copy of How to Cook Everything down off the shelves, and get cooking. You may of course use any other Mark Bittman book that you can lay your hands on, or even the How to Cook Everything iPhone Application (which I highly recommend). Other places to source Mark Bittman recipes are here on the How to Cook Everything website and here on the Mark Bittman website. Post your dish, and then join in the "hop" by linking your post here (or at any one of the other hosts - your link will automatically show up on all four host sites), following the instructions below. You could of course link up one of your previous posts - it may be an old post to you, but it could well be new to our audience. I hope you'll join us - we'll be "hopping" the first Thursday of every month, and the linky will be open for one week.
Now for the necessary part - the rules. They are pretty simple, especially if you are familiar with hops.
Rules for linking:
Please use your best blog hop etiquette when linking. The rules are in place to help everyone have the best blog hop experience possible.
If you are new to a blog carnival, or blog hop, it is very easy to learn how to join in the fun! Simply go to the current blog post for the hop and scroll down to the bottom where you will see a small box that will say, "You're next" or "Your link here". When you click on that link, you will be asked to enter the URL of your recipe or article.
- Please link to your article only and not directly to your blog front page. The linky may ask you to upload a photograph from your computer, then you click next and leave a comment on the blog host's post.
- We also ask that you place a link back to the blog host at the bottom of your post - this means adding in the URL of the blog hop post, which you can copy from your browser address bar. You could also choose to place a blog badge into your post, which is explained below. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
- At least one host will visit each link before the next linky period opens, because this is personal for us…we want you to know that we appreciate that you’ve taken the time to create a post, add a link back to the hop, and add your link! We’ll be sure to acknowledge this with a comment and a tweet on Twitter (using hashtag #bittyhop).
- One link per blog monthly on the Tackling Bittman Recipe Hop, please.
- Must include a link back to one/any of the host sites (through worded link or badge) in your actual post, not just on your sidebar…although we love having links on your page as well (this benefits all of us). You will be sent a gentle reminder if no link is added to your post, we understand that sometimes people forget…but if it becomes a regular occurrence, (even though we don’t like to do it) your post may be removed. It’s just not fair to those who do take the time and show the grace to link back.
- Linky will stay open from 5:00 AM the first Thursday of Every Month, to 11:59 pm the following Thursday (EST).
If you would like to use a badge, please copy the code in the box beneath the badge below and paste that into your post, and also into your sidebar if you wish:
Lets's get cooking and thanks for joining in!
Sue, Alex, Christy, DrLaura, and Chaya
Sue- I'm so happy that you are joining the other girls in their quest to tackle Bittman. You will be a wonderful hostess! I know that I will be more than happy to dust off my Bittman books and join you every now and then. Bittman has so many wonderful recipes.ReplyDelete
Sue, I am so glad you have joined the Tackling Bittman Recipe Hop as a Hostess - Woot Woot!!!!ReplyDelete
Sue, how exciting! I have How To Cook Everything on my Christmas wish list so hopefully I'll be joining you next month!ReplyDelete
Hi Suzy Q! Welcome to tackling bittman~ Just a note, Chaya of Comfy cook is also a host! If you have cooked a bittman recipe, please link it to the linky cause it counts too! Hugs! AlexReplyDelete
Thanks for the heads up, Sue! I linked an old post this time, since I have so many old Bittman recipes that I loved!ReplyDelete
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, and especially thanks to those of you who have linked up.ReplyDelete